The new buildroot distribution was introduced in the 2012R1 Linux release for BF60x in Aug. 2012. To help BF5xx customers to leverage new features in the buildroot distribution, we are pleased to announce the 2012R2 buildroot Linux release for both BF5xx and BF60x families. Although the uClinux related issues in 2011R1 and former releases are still supported via the Linux community on the ADI Engineering Zone, the uClinux distribution for BF5xx is discontinued since the 2012R2 release. Please upgrade to the buildroot distribution in the 2012R2 release for latest features in Linux kernel and middle wares. An overview and basic development guide for the buildroot can be found at http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=buildroot_on_blackfin . Discussions
This release includes 3 packages: 2012R2-RC5 buildroot Linux distribution, 2012R2-RC2 GNU toolchain and 2012R2-RC3 Das U-boot. The binary images, source code and testing results are free to download from http://blackfin.uclinux.org . We appreciate your bug reports and suggestions.
New features in this release:
- Toolchain stays with GCC 4.3.
- QEMU 1.2.0 available
- Upgrade to uClibc 0.9.33.2. Updated bfin config file. Roll back upstream's generic v-fork.
- Better multicore support in gdbproxy.
- Enhance the LDR utility to pack uboot elf binary for core 0 and CCES elf binary for core 1 into one LDR image. Binaries in one LDR image can be loaded to both cores by the bootrom.
- Das u-boot updates to 2012.07.
- Correct mess console output in NOR flash BYPASS boot mode for BF533, BF537 and BF561 when enable early serial debugging option.
- Add softswitch command to set up BF609-ezkit onboard switch configuration.
- Update DDR clock parameters for BF609 to improve DDR read/write performance.
- Linux kernel is updated to 3.5.7. Buildroot is based on 2012.08 release.
- Support bf548 v0.4 processor
- Add tdm support in ASOC sport driver for bf60x. Bring up ad1836 sound codec driver on top of bf60x sport driver.
- Add NEC NL8048HL LCD frame buffer driver for BF60x and the EI3 LCD extender. Add aptina mt9m114 V4L2 camera driver for BF60x and the EI3 Camera extender with frame rate setting capability, 720P resolution support and frame error indication.
- Allow user to tune crossbar bandwidth and priority configuration on BF60x.
- Update the IEEE1588 PTP driver to the new hardware time stamping framework for BF518 and BF609. Replace system stamp with the raw hardware one. Provide a PTP hardware clock device.
- Implement the resource management protocol defined in ICC spec for both Linux kernel and bare metal stub on BF609 and BF561.
- Enhance buildroot configuration to support BF5xx family processors and ADI BF5xx evaluation boards.
- Enable QT 4.8.2 to be built and run properly on blackfin.
- Port all BF5xx test suites under uClinux distribution to the Jenkins framework for buildroot. Add new Jenkins projects for each BF5xx regression board.
Please read the release notes for more information:
Find 2012R1-RC5 Linux distribution source code, bootable images and test results at http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/buildroot/frs
Find 2012R1-RC2 toolchain binaries, source code and test results at http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/toolchain/frs
Find 2012R1-RC3 uboot source code, bootable images and test results at http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/u-boot/frs
Any questions, please send email to respective mailing list or the Analog Devices Engineer Zone Communities.
Linux kernel and buildroot distribution issues:
GNU Toolchain and debugging tool issues:
Das u-boot issues:
You can also check out the source code from the SCMs
svn co http://blackfin.uclinux.org/svn/toolchain/tags/2012R2-RC2 toolchain
git clone git://sources.blackfin.uclinux.org/git/buildroot
git checkout 2012R1-RC5
git clone git://sources.blackfin.uclinux.org/git/linux-kernel
git checkout 2012R1-RC5
git clone git://sources.blackfin.uclinux.org/git/u-boot
git checkout 2012R1-RC3
|There are no threads.